Downed Power/Cable/Telephone Line Suggested Procedure
There are predictions of a heavy storm over the weekend here in the Bay Area. The storm may cause downed power/cable/telephone lines, cable and power outages, and intermittent service.
If you come across a downed power/cable/telephone line, here are a few suggestions:
- Never, ever touch a downed power/cable/telephone line or go near one. Power lines are not insulated like power cords. Always assume the power line is LIVE.
- Don't touch a downed line or other equipment.
- Don't touch anything or anyone in contact with a downed power line.
- Keep children and pets away from a downed line.
- Don't drive over a downed line.
Leave the area immediately and then call 9-1-1 and PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
If you are experiencing a cable or internet outage, please call 1-877-646-6407.