The Planning Division administers the City's land use regulations, including the General Plan, Specific Plans and Zoning Ordinance, and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The Planning Division's main responsibilities are to:
- Review planning applications for compliance with the San Bruno Municipal Code and relevant federal, state and regional regulations.
- Inspect completed project to ensure compliance with all conditions of approval.
- Provide technical assistance to the public and applicants for development projects.
- Perform research, prepare technical reports and recommend actions to the Planning Commission, Architectural Review Committee, City Council, Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee, and other committees, commissions, and governmental bodies.
- Prepare new and update existing planning documents to guide the future growth and development of San Bruno.
Starting a New Business
Planning Commission and Architectural Review Committee
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Significant Development Projects
Planning Counter Hours
A member of the Planner Division staff is generally available at the Community and Economic Development public service counter in City Hall during office hours, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. But we request that you schedule an appointment to ensure that a planner is available. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Department at (650) 616-7074.