DOCUMENT 00 10 00
CITY OF SAN BRUNO
San Mateo County, California
NOTICE INVITING SEALED BID PROPOSALS FOR
SPYGLASS DRIVE STORM DRAIN IMPROVEMENTS
Project No. 21011
1. NOTICE: The City of San Bruno (the “City”) will receive sealed bids on the proposal
forms furnished by the City and in accordance with the plans and specifications on or
before Monday, February 28th at 11 AM by the Office of the City Clerk, located at
567 El Camino Real, San Bruno, California 94066, for the following public work:
2. PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The work includes, but is not limited to: Rehabilitation of existing storm drain facilities,
installation of new storm drain facilities, and replacement of existing sidewalk, curb and
gutter, and pavement on Sharp Park Road to Pacific Heights Boulevard in both public
right-of-way and easements on private property.
All work items shall be constructed in accordance with the contract plans and
specifications. Bidding Documents contain the full description of the Work.
3. STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS: Each Bidder shall be required to submit, in
accordance with Document 00 21 00 (Instructions to Bidders) and Document 00 45 13
(Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for Construction Work), a Statement of
4. CONTRACT TIME: All work under this contract shall be completed within 42
Working days from the Notice to Proceed effective date. The City shall assess
liquidated damages in the amount of $ 1,000 per Working for delays in
completion of the project, as provided in the Contract Documents.
5. REQUIRED CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE(S): A California Class “A” or “C-10”
contractor’s license is required to bid on this contract. Joint ventures must secure a
joint venture license prior to award of this Contract.
6. (NON-MANDATORY) PRE-BID CONFERENCE: The City will conduct a nonmandatory
Pre-Bid Conference on Monday, January 10th at 10AM. Please RSVP to 650-616-7065.
The Pre-Bid Conference is estimated to last approximately one hour.
7. PROCUREMENT OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS: Bidders may obtain bidding documents
electronically from the Public Works Department bidding website
Physical copies may be obtained directly from Barker Blue. For information pertaining to
the bidding documents, please contact Barker Blue at (866) 347-1011.
8. INSTRUCTIONS: Bidders shall refer to Document 00 21 00 (Instructions to Bidders)
for required documents and items to be submitted in sealed envelopes for deposit at
the Office of the City Clerk, 567 El Camino Real, San Bruno, California 94066, no
later than the time and date set forth in Paragraph 1 above.
9. BID SECURITY: Cash, cashier’s check or certified check, payable to the order of
the City of San Bruno, of not less than ten percent (10%) of the bid, or a bond in said
amount payable to the City of San Bruno and signed by the Bidder and a corporate
surety shall accompany the bid.
10. BID PREPARATION COST: Bidders are solely responsible for the cost of
preparing their bids.
11. SUBSTITUTION OF SECURITIES: The City will permit the successful bidder to
substitute securities for any retention monies withheld to ensure performance of the
contract, as set forth in Document 00 61 16 (Escrow Agreement For Security
Deposits In Lieu Of Retention) and fully incorporated herein, in accordance with
Section 22300 of the California Public Contract Code.
12. PREVAILING WAGE LAWS: The successful bidder must comply with all prevailing
wage laws applicable to the project, and related requirements contained in the
13. SUBSTITUTIONS: Bidders must base their bids on products and systems specified
in the contract documents or listed by name in the addenda. Except as provided
below, the City will consider substitution requests only for “or approved equal items.”
Bidders wanting to use “or approved equal items” may submit Document 00 43 25
(Substitution Request Form) no later than 7 days after the issuance of the Notice of
14. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: The City specifically reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to reject any or all bids, to re-bid, or to waive inconsequential defects or
minor irregularities in the bids not involving time, price or quality of the work.
15. QUESTIONS regarding the Project Plans or Specifications, bid process, and
contractual issues may be directed to David Wong, Principal Engineer , at (650) 616-