- Community Services
- Crestmoor Multi-Use Fields Master Plan Project
Crestmoor Multi-Use Fields Master Plan Project
The City of San Bruno welcomes you to participate in a process to define the future vision for a new public sports field facility on the former site of Crestmoor High School. The City owned sports facility will be a part of a larger redevelopment of the site that is proposed to include 155 single family homes.
This project will include a large multi-use field area that can be programmed with multiple simultaneous youth soccer games, walking paths, restrooms, and associated parking. We will also explore options to include artificial turf and lighting, which could extend the usability of each field.
To facilitate the design process, the City has engaged the expertise of a landscape architectural services consultant, Callandar Associates, to organize a community engagement process and prepare plans and supporting documents delineating proposed multi-use fields facility improvements at the former Crestmoor High School site.
ADD YOUR VOICE
Community engagement will include outreach efforts, stakeholder meetings, a community pop-up event, an in-person open house event, an online survey, and other public meetings.
Add your voice to the conversation at three important upcoming meetings:
- Park Master Planning Workshopon April 3, 2023 from 5:30-7:30 PM at the San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road
- Provide input on the design of multi-use fields and other public amenities.
- Environmental Analysis Meetingon April 18, 2023 at 6:00 PM
- The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) process will analyze both the park and housing development. This meeting is called a scoping meeting and will be held at the regular Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 6:00 PM. Participate in this meeting or another event during the CEQA process in 2023 and 2024.
- Park and Recreation Commission Meetingon April 19, 2023 at 6:30 PM
- This will be a regular meeting of the City’s Park and Recreation Commission, at which they will review the feedback received during the public workshop and provide additional input on the design of the multi-use fields and other park amenities.
Additionally, the City will hold additional meetings for public engagement in the design and approval process for the proposed Crestmoor Multi-Use Fields. The specific day and times of the following public meetings will be announced later.
- City Council Meeting (May 2023)
- This will be a regular meeting where the City Council will review the input received during the community workshop and Park and Recreation meeting and provide additional comments.
- Community Workshop (July 2023)
- During this meeting, the community will be able to review the draft park master plan and provide comments.
- Park and Recreation Commission Meeting where the Commission will review the draft park master plan and provide comments. (August 2023)
- City Council Meeting (September 2023)
- This will be a regular meeting that will summarize the entire engagement process for the park and allow the City Council to provide final comments on the draft park master plan.
For more information on the adjacent housing development application currently under review by the City of San Bruno Community and Economic Development Department click HERE or visit sanbruno.ca.gov/300PiedmontAve. In addition, the developer, SummerHill Homes, will also be organizing a workshop.
Image Above is the Current Site Plan
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROCESS
The community engagement related to the redevelopment of the former high school includes three very distinct processes:
- Park Master Planning Process
- Housing development application review process
- Environmental Review (CEQA) of both the park and proposed housing development
These processes run concurrently and are expected to continue through Spring of 2024. Below is a timeline outlining key dates for these three processes: