Youth Enhancement Scholarship
This scholarship fund is designed for youth ages 17 and under who are San Bruno Residents seeking financial assistance for recreation programs and activities.
1. The Scholarship Program applicant/recipient must live in San Bruno. Scholarship recipients are only eligible for one scholarship per activity guide cycle.
2. A new scholarship application must be completed for each scholarship requested each activity guide cycle.
3. Scholarship assistance is to be used only to off-set the cost of the registration fee and not for supplies, extra fees, admission fees or excursions/field trip fees.
4. Youth through age seventeen (17) are eligible to apply for a scholarship. Adults age 18 and over are ineligible for the scholarship program.
5. Youth programs qualified for scholarships are limited to programs offered by the Recreation Division or by contract instructors through the Recreation Division which cost $15 or more.
For additional information and eligibility, please fill out a Youth Scholarship Application (PDF) and contact Danielle Brewer at the San Bruno Recreation Services Department at (650) 616-7182. Proof of residency is required at time of application.
- Are you open during lunch hours for the public to register for classes, rent facilities or reserve picnic sites?
The Recreation Division office hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Our offices are currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Please call 650-616-7180 to set up an appointment to visit us in person.
- What is the address to San Bruno City Park?
San Bruno City Park is located at 251 City Park Way. You may also use the cross streets of Crystal Springs Avenue and Oak Avenue.
- How do I sign up for seasonal youth sports leagues?
Although youth sports' sign-ups are normally held at the Recreation Division, the individual sports organizations actually process the registrations. The Recreation staff never takes registrations for non-departmental youth sports. Youth sports' contact names and phone numbers can be found in the Recreation Services Department Quarterly Activity Guide.