- Community & Economic Development
- Planning Division
- Long-Range Planning
- U.S. Navy Site Specific Plan
U.S. Navy Site Specific Plan
The U.S. Navy Site and Its Environs Specific Plan (Specific Plan) was developed through a community planning process and adopted by the City Council in January 2001. The Specific Plan has been amended three times, in 2001, 2005 and 2015.
The Specific Plan provides the overall planning framework for the growth and redevelopment of the 52-acre Specific Plan Area emphasizing mixed-use transit oriented development. The Specific Plan includes detailed development standards and design guidelines for the 20-acre former U.S. Navy Site, now referred to as The Crossing. View relevant documents on this page; hard copies are available in City Hall at 567 El Camino Real and the San Bruno Public Library at 701 W Angus Avenue.
Crossing Hotel Site
The Crossing Hotel Site is the last undeveloped and vacant site located within The Crossing. The City has received an application to construct a 152 room Spring Hill Suites hotel by Marriott. Public hearings for review and approval of planning entitlements will take place in the fall and winter, 2015 to 2016.
Implementation - the Crossing
The Crossing is a 20-acre mixed-use master planned development, which is a landmark project that has received national attention for both its transit-oriented development characteristics and its potential to redefine the City of San Bruno. The project involved demolition of a former U.S. Naval administrative facility and installation of roads, utilities, open space, and a playground.
The Crossing development includes a total of 1,063 multifamily rental units in five buildings, including 228 affordable senior units and 97 other affordable units, a recreation center and commercial building. The last remaining undeveloped portion of The Crossing is a 1.5-acre vacant site designated for a hotel.
Navy Site Specific Plan
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Development Agreement - The Crossing (2002) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Draft EIR - US Navy Site Specific Plan (2000) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Draft SEIR - Crossing Hotel Site (May 2015) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - EIR 1st Addendum - Flex Sites (2001) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - EIR 2nd Addendum - ECR Commercial (June 2005) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Final SEIR - Crossing Hotel Site (September 2015) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Specific Plan - US Navy Site (2001) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Specific Plan 1st Amendment - Flex Sites (2002) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Specific Plan 2nd Amendment - ECR Commercial (2005) (PDF)
- Navy Site Specific Plan - Specific Plan 3rd Amendment - Crossing Hotel Site (2015) (PDF)