The San Bruno Police Department is a full-service municipal police agency for a city of approximately 42,000 people, located in northern San Mateo County, California. The Department has 50 sworn officers and over 60 employees. The Department provides a wide range of law enforcement services to the community and responds to over 32,000 calls for service each year. Members of the San Bruno Police Department are dedicated to providing the highest possible level of service to our residents, business owners and visitors.
Our intention with this website is to provide customer service, by providing critical information in a timely manner in regard to crimes, arrests, and other police activities, and make the information available in a dynamic and responsive manner that serves the needs of the community.
- Did you know that you can now Pay or Contest Your Parking Tickets Online at a secure website?
- Did you know that some Police Reports Can Be Filed Online?
- Identity theft victims, and those looking for a safe and secure means to check their credit report should click here.
- Have you heard about Automated License Plate Readers (ALPRs)? Click here to read the policy on the data that is collected via ALPRs and how that data is used by local Police Departments.
- Our goal is to provide exemplary service to our residents and visitors. If you wish to file a complaint against a member or members of the Police Department, please click here for information on how to do so. Citizen Complaint Form
- Click here to see a Neighborhood Crime Map of up-to-date crime activity in your neighborhood. Be an informed citizen!
- Sign up for free SMC Alerts to be notified of emergency situations in your neighborhood. Receive information via text or email to your smartphone or handheld device!
- Help us locate Northern California's Most Wanted criminals!
- Learn about Sex Registrants in your community on the State of California's Megan's Law Website.
- Looking to serve your community? Consider a career at the San Bruno Police Department. To access a list of current job openings, please visit our site at CalOpps.