- CityNet Services
- Troubleshooting Services
If you are experiencing problems related to your internet service, please call 1-877-646-6407 or email us. You can also visit our 24/7 Internet Technical Support website.
- Why do I need a cable box?
Cable boxes offer enhanced features to allow for the option of Parental Controls, Access to On Demand, PPV, Favorite Channels, Sports, Movies or Kids Channels and more. Explore your options using the remote control and by pressing menu.
- How do I set up my cable box?
View the diagram and instructions (PDF) for the Set-Top Box Connection.
- How do I add parental controls?
To add a code to block out titles, programming or channels:
- Click the Menu button on your remote.
- Use arrow key to highlight the lock icon and press Select/OK.
- Create 4-digit PIN using number keys.
- Options available for blocking out titles, programming or channels.
- Remember your PIN (PINs can only be cleared by account holder).
- How do I turn on auto tune?
To use numeric keypad on remote to change channels (without pressing enter):
- Use remote and press menu.
- Use arrow key to highlight the house icon and press Select/OK.
- Scroll down to Setup and press Select/OK.
- Highlight Guide Setup and press Select/OK.
- Change "No Auto Tune" to "Auto Tune."
- I just bought a new TV with a digital tuner. Do I still need a digital converter?
San Bruno Cable is an all-digital cable system, with the ability to address devices to determine what services you’ve ordered.
Yes, you’ll either need one of our boxes, a TV with a cable card slot or a TIVO recorder with a cable card slot. At this time there are very few TVs with Cable Card slots, and TIVO has other limitations, so the most feasible option is to use a converter from San Bruno cable.
- My box says “One Moment Please”. What does that mean?
Digital converters rely on data streaming to the device. When there is an interruption of signal, or low signal levels, the picture may “freeze” or “tile” momentarily. If the signal is too low or is interrupted, the converter box will display “One Moment Please” while it waits for an adequate level of signal to return.
This may happen once in a while with a digital converter, but if this happens frequently, a weekday service call should be scheduled to address this issue.
- What do I do if I have no picture or a blue picture on the TV?
- Ensure that the proper input source is selected for your television configuration (often can be done with menu/input/setup button).
- Check that the digital converter power is on and the TV is on the correct input.
- If using TV input, the TV must be on Channel 3.
- If using video/audio cables, chose the input on the TV that they are connected to (for example, choose Video 1, Component 1 or AV 1 depending on where the cables are connected to in back of the TV).
- Select HDMI if using an HDMI Cable.
- What do I do if I have no sound or can't control the volume?
Check the mute and volume control on both the TV and Digital box using the remote. If one or the other device is muted, you will have no sound.
- What does the “Not Authorized” converter message mean?
San Bruno Cable offers television programming as packages. To view a channel, it must be within a package you pay for.
To add packages to your service, simply call during business hours and request the package you want. There are no contracts to sign, nor any upgrade/downgrade fees to pay. Keep the package for a month and cancel anytime thereafter.
If you believe you should be receiving a specific channel but see the "not authorized" message, call us and ask the Customer Service Representative to refresh your account.
- Why aren't all programs available?
A TV network doesn't necessarily own all the rights to all the programs they transmit. A network may have the right to transmit a movie, but only to TV sets, and not on WatchTVEverywhere. It all depends on the network.
- What shows can I watch?
Each TV network makes their own decision about what to offer on WatchTVEverywhere. For example, the live feed of CNN is available, but the live feed of TBS is not. Instead, TBS offers full episodes of their popular programs.
- How is WTVE different from Hulu, Netflix, or other streaming services?
- It's free. There's no extra charge to use it.
- It includes live TV. Hulu and Netflix only offer previously recorded shows.
- It has full episodes of current shows. For instance, episodes of The Closer and Leverage on TNT are available within days of their premier.
- What is WatchTVEverywhere?
WatchTVEverywhere is a service that allows cable TV subscribers to view TV programs on devices other than a TV set. This can include a PC, a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- What can I watch?
You can watch any WatchTVEverywhere program as long as it's on a network you subscribe to in your cable TV package. For example, you must subscribe to HBO through your cable company in order to watch HBO's WatchTVEverywhere programs.
- How do I sign up for WatchTVEverywhere?
To use WatchTVEverywhere, you must first complete a one-time registration. To get started:
- Make sure you have your last invoice handy. You'll need your account number, and the correct spelling of the last name on the account.
- Visit the website
- Select your cable service provider from the drop-down menu
- Click "submit."
- Click "Register" to start the registration process.
- How do I use WatchTVEverywhere?
- Visit the website.
- Click "Log In" and enter your username and password.
- Click on the TV Network you want to watch, and you'll see a list of available programs.
- Will other networks become available?
Yes! We're working with many different programming providers to expand the number of networks, and the number of shows available on WatchTVEverywhere. Registered users are presented with the complete list of all the networks available to them. When new networks are added, you will see them in your menu of available programs when you log in.
- What devices can I use?
Nearly all WTVE programs are available on all devices (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone). Some networks may not have made all their programs available on all devices.
- How many different devices can I use?
There's no limit to the number of devices you can use, however TV networks may limit the number you can use at the same time. Remember, it's important to keep your username and password confidential. Use of your credentials by others will result in the loss of your WTVE privileges.
- Does WatchTVEverywhere count against my mobile data plan?
It might. Check your data plan before you use WatchTVEveryhwere on a smart phone or wireless network. WTVE programs transmit a lot of data. This can be expensive if you have a limited data plan. We have no way to know when you have exceeded your data plan's limits. You are responsible for all charges billed to you by your mobile carrier.
- Where can I WatchTVEverywhere?
WTVE works anywhere you can receive an Internet signal: in your house, at work, at the mall, at a hotel, the airport, a vacation home- anywhere! Wired connections and in-home WiFi will provide the best overall quality. The quality of WatchTVEverywhere service while traveling (airports, stores, etc) will vary with the signal strength and bandwidth of the Internet connection you use. Be extra careful when traveling, especially outside the U.S. Data roaming charges may apply, and they can be very expensive.
- How much does it cost?
Nothing! At this time, there's no extra cost for WatchTVEverywhere, so feel free to explore. There is nothing on the site that will result in an extra cost to you (except overage charges from your cellular carrier, if applicable). As long as you can receive the TV Network in your "regular" cable channel lineup, you may view that network's TV Everywhere content, if available.
These are instructions for programming these remote controls for your TV. Note: Not all functions may work for every TV model.
If you are experiencing problems related to your cable TV service, please email us or call 650-616-3100.